UFC Minneapolis is headlined by two of the hardest-hitting heavyweights in the sport, and we have the results from the ESPN fight night here.
UFC Minneapolis takes place on June 29 from the Target Center in Minnesota. The card is headlined by renowned knockout artists Francis Ngannou and Junior dos Santos. The pair were originally set to compete in a three-round bout one week later, but an injury to original headliner Tyron Woodley opened up the slot for the heavyweights.
There were originally 13 bouts scheduled for the card, but Vince Murdock was declared medically unfit to fight the day before weigh-ins, and his matchup with Jordan Griffin was scrapped. Murdock was filling in for Chas Skelly on short-notice.
In the co-main event, Joseph Benavidez and Jussier Formiga keep the flyweight division alive with a number-one contender fight. Benavidez has won eight of his last nine, while Formiga is on a four-fight win streak. Demian Maia will also be looking to start a win streak against Anthony Rocco Martin, who has won all four of his fights since moving to welterweight.
Check out the results from UFC Minneapolis below, with the prelims starting at 6 p.m. EST on ESPN, and the main card starting at 9 p.m. on the same channel. Click on the links for an individualized recap of the selected fight.
- Francis Ngannou def. Junior dos Santos by TKO (punches), Round 1, 1:11
- Joseph Benavidez def. Jussier Formiga by TKO (head kick and punches), Round 2, 4:47
- Demian Maia def. Anthony Rocco Martin by majority decision (29-28×2, 28-28)
- Vinc Pichel def. Roosevelt Roberts by unanimous decision (29-28×3)
- Drew Dober def. Marco Polo Reyes by TKO (punches), Round 1, 1:07
- Alonzo Menifield def. Paul Craig by KO (punches), Round 1, 3:19
- Ricardo Ramos def. Journey Newson by unanimous decision (30-27×3)
- Eryk Anders def. Vinicius Moreira by KO (punches), Round 1, 1:18
- Jared Gordon def. Dan Moret by unanimous decision (30-27×2, 29-28)
- Dalcha Lungiambula def. Dequan Townsend by TKO (punches and elbows), Round 3, 0:42
- Amanda Ribas def. Emily Whitmire by submission (rear-naked choke), Round 2, 2:10
- Maurice Greene def. Junior Albini by TKO (punches), Round 1, 3:39