UFC Shenzhen goes down while most are asleep, and the strawweight title will be on the line on Saturday morning in China.
With a start time of 3 a.m. EDT, UFC Shenzhen is for the most hardcore of fans (or the ones who live in more favorable time zones). Weili Zhang will challenge for the strawweight title in her home country of China against Jessica Andrade in the main event.
The six-fight preliminary card will actually be broadcast on ESPN before switching over to ESPN+ for the five-fight main card at 6 a.m.
In the co-main event, Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos looks to extend his excellent seven-fight win streak against everyone’s favorite fighter from China, Li Jingliang. Jingliang has received four post-fight bonuses in his last five fights and always brings the entertainment.
Flyweights appear on the card as two of the more promising ones square off on the main card. New Zealand’s Kai Kara-France looks to move to 3-0 in the Octagon against Mark De La Rosa, who is looking to bounce back from a loss.
Only one fighter missed weight for the card, and that was Yanan Wu, who was three pounds over the flyweight limit. Her fight against Mizuki Inoue remained on the card, though. Due to a cut suffered by Zhenhong Lu following weigh-ins, his bout with Movsar Evloev was scratched from the card.
Check out the results from UFC Shenzhen below and click on the links for an individual recap of the selected fight!
UFC Shenzhen Main Card Results
- Weili Zhang def. Jessica Andrade by TKO, Round 1, 0:42 – for strawweight championship
- Li Jingliang def. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos by TKO, Round 3, 4:51
- Kai-Kara France def. Mark De La Rosa by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Kenan Song def. Derrick Krantz by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Mizuki Inoue def. Yanan Wu by split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
Preliminary Card Results
- Anthony Hernandez def. Jun Yong Park by Submission (Anaconda Choke) in Round 2 (4:39)
- Su Mudaerji def. Andre Soukhamthath by Unanimous Decision (30-26 x2, 30-25)
- Da Un Jung def. Khadis Ibragimov by Submission (Standing Guillotine) in Round 3 (2:00)
- Damir Ismagulov def. Thiago Moises by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x2, 30-26)
- Heili Alateng def. Batgerel Danaa by Unanimous Decision (29-27 x3)
- Karol Rosa def. Lara Procopio by Split Decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)