An incredible featherweight bout that has “Fight of the night” written all over it has been added to UFC 276.
Multiple sources, speaking on the condition of anonymity, have confirmed to Cageside Press that No. 14 ranked featherweight Shane Burgos will fight Charles Jourdain at UFC 276 on July 2 as part of International Fight Week.
Burgos (14-3) got back into the win column at UFC 268 when he and Billy Quarantillo put on an absolute show. The “Hurricane” won the fight via unanimous decision, where he snapped the first two-fight losing streak of his career. Burgos will be defending his No. 14 ranking.
Jourdain (13-4) is riding his first winning inside of the UFC. In his last outing, he submitted Lando Vanatta in less than three minutes at UFC Fight Night: Lemos vs. Andrade. Prior to that, he defeated Andre Ewell via unanimous decision on the last UFC fight card of 2021.
UFC 276 is set to take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, on July 2. The following fights have been reported for the event thus far:
- Israel Adesanya (c) vs. Jared Cannonier – for the UFC middleweight championship
- Alexander Volkanovski (c) vs. Max Holloway – for the UFC featherweight championship
- Sean Strickland vs. Alex Pereira
- Sean O’Malley vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Uriah Hall vs. André Muniz
- Brad Tavares vs. Dricus du Plessis
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Julija Stoliarenko
- Lauren Murphy vs. Miesha Tate
- Jessica Eye vs. Maycee Barber
- Robbie Lawler vs. Bryan Barberena
- Bobby Green vs. Jim Miller
- Jalin Turner vs. Brad Riddell
- Shane Burgos vs. Charles Jourdain