A women’s strawweight match-up has been agreed to for the UFC’s April 16, 2022 Fight Night event.
On Monday, both Sam Hughes (5-4) and Istela Nunes (6-2) confirmed that they were lined up for the event, following an initial report by Dama de Ferro.
“Sampage” Hughes will be looking for her first win inside the octagon come April, in her fourth bout under the UFC banner. She made her promotional debut on short notice in December 2020, coming up short against Tecia Torres.
In her two subsequent outings, Hughes fell first to Loma Lookboonmee, then to Luana Pineheiro. Both fights went the distance.
Nunes, a former ONE Championship athlete, made her promotional debut last year, in a losing effort against fellow Brazilian Ariane Carnelossi. Nunes found herself caught in a rear-naked choke in the third round.
The UFC’s April 16, 2022 Fight Night event is expected to take place at the Apex in Las Vegas. The following fights have been reported for the card:
- Vicente Luque vs. Belal Muhammad
- Rafa García vs. Jesse Ronson
- Melsik Baghdasaryan vs. T.J. Laramie
- Drakkar Klose vs. Brandon Jenkins
- Miguel Baeza vs. Dhiego Lima
- Chris Barnett vs. Martin Buday
- Caio Borralho vs. Gadzhi Omargadzhiev
- Lina Länsberg vs. Pannie Kianzad
- Uriah Hall vs. André Muniz
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Mounir Lazzez
- Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Wu Yanan
- Victor Martinez vs. Jordan Leavitt
- Sam Hughes vs. Istela Nunes