A pair of top 15 UFC featherweights will throw down in March.
Last week No. 15 ranked featherweight Alex Caceres mentioned in an interview with The Schmo that he was offered No. 12 Sodiq Yusuff on March 12 at UFC Fight Night: Santos vs. Ankalaev. A source close to the situation has since confirmed the booking to Cageside Press.
Yusuff (11-2) will be coming off an 11-month layoff after suffering his first octagon loss at UFC on ABC: Vettori vs. Holland when he lost a unanimous decision to Arnold Allen. The loss snapped Yusuff’s six-fight win streak where he had wins over Andre Fili, Gabriel Benítez, and Sheymon Moraes.
Caceres (19-12-1) has really turned his UFC career around in the last two years. After suffering several losing stretches, Caceres is riding a five-fight win streak, the longest of his career. “Bruce Leeroy” went 2-0 in 2021. He defeated Kevin Croom at UFC Fight Night: Rozenstruik vs. Gane and then ended his year by submitting Seung Woo Choi.
The UFC’s March 12, 2022 event does not have an official location, venue, or broadcast plan announced. However, light heavyweight contenders Thiago Santos and Magomed Ankalaev will headline the event.
The Fight Night card currently breaks down as follows:
- Thiago Santos vs. Magomed Ankalaev
- Guido Cannetti vs. Kris Moutinho
- Trevin Jones vs. Javid Basharat
- Song Yadong vs. Marlon Moraes
- Alex Pereira vs. Bruno Silva
- Damon Jackson vs. Josh Culibao
- Dalcha Lungiambula vs. Cody Brundage
- Sabina Mazo vs. Mandy Bohm
- Sodiq Yusuff vs. Alex Caceres
- Tafon Nchukwi vs. Azamat Murzakanov