A pair of hard-hitting UFC welterweights will throw down in October.
Gabe Green announced on social media that he will be fighting Dwight Grant on October 23. Marvin Vettori vs. Paulo Costa is scheduled to headline the Fight Night event.
Grant (11-3) got back into the win column at UFC 261 when he defeated Stefan Sekulić via a controversial decision. Before his most recent win, he was in a wild one-round fight with Daniel Rodriguez, where he almost finished his opponent but ended up getting finished himself.
In February, Green (10-3) picked up his first UFC win at UFC 258 against Phillip Rowe. Like his opponent, “Gifted” also was defeated by Rodriguez in his UFC debut. Green has only been to one decision in his career, with all of the best of his wins coming via finish.
No location, venue, or broadcast plan has been announced for the October 23 event, but UFC President Dana White said that all Fight Nights would be staying at the Apex in Las Vegas, NV.
The October 23 fight card now includes the following reported bouts:
- Paulo Costa vs. Marvin Vettori
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Joselyne Edwards
- Randa Markos vs. Lívia Renata Souza
- Jeff Molina vs. Daniel Lacerda
- Gregory Rodrigues vs. Jun Yong Park
- Mason Jones vs. Alan Patrick II
- Kris Moutinho vs. Aaron Phillips
- Nick Negumereanu vs. Ike Villanueva
- Alex Caceres vs. Seung Woo Choi
- Dwight Grant vs. Gabriel Green