A pair of welterweight knockout artists will collide at an October UFC event.
Randy Brown announced on his Twitch channel that he will be fighting Jared Gooden on October 9 at UFC Fight Night: Dern vs. Rodriguez. Gooden would confirm the booking on social media as well.
Brown (13-4) got back into the win column in his last fight. At UFC 261 in April, he submitted Alex Oliveira in the first round. Before his most recent victory, he had his two-fight win streak snapped against Vicente Luque. His two-fight win streak consisted of Warlley Alves and Bryan Barberena.
Fighting for his job, Gooden (18-6) picked up his first W inside the octagon in July by knocking out Niklas Stolze in a little over a minute. “Nitetrain” was defeated by Abubakar Nurmagomedov and Alan Jouban prior to that victory.
No location, venue, or broadcast plan has been announced for the October 9 event, but UFC President Dana White said that all Fight Nights will be staying at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, NV.
The October 9 fight card now includes the following reported bouts:
- Marina Rodriguez vs. Mackenzie Dern
- Chris Gutierrez vs. Felipe Colares
- Lupita Godinez vs. Sam Hughes
- Laureano Staropoli vs. Jamie Pickett
- Alexandr Romanov vs. Jared Vanderaa
- Sabina Mazo vs. Mariya Agapova
- Tim Elliott vs. Matheus Nicolau
- Phil Hawes vs. Deron Winn
- Michael Trizano vs. Chas Skelly
- Steve Garcia vs. Charlie Ontiveros
- Damon Jackson vs. Charles Rosa
- Randy Brown vs. Jared Gooden