WXC 85: Warrior Wednesday 10 was live on Wednesday, December 18, 2019 with the flyweight title up for grabs. The live results from the event are below.
WXC 85: Warrior Wednesday 10 was live from Crystal Gardens in Southgate, Michigan on Wednesday, December 18, 2019. The event was broadcast live on UFC Fight Pass.
In the main event, WXC flyweight champion Juancamilo Ronderos attempted to make the first defense of his title, when he took on UFC veteran Eric Shelton.
Ronderos (3-0), had won all of his professional contests under the WXC banner on Warrior Wednesday events. After winning his professional debut in February, Ronderos won the flyweight title five months later, defeating fellow prospect Matthew Elliott via submission in the second round at WXC 80: Warrior Wednesday 5.
Ronderos’ victory over Elliott went viral, as the Xtreme Couture prospect hit a rare submission (named the ‘Sneaky Pete’) to get the win and to secure the flyweight title.
Shelton (13-6) made his second appearance in the WXC banner, after a successful debut victory. The UFC veteran defeated Jesse Bazzi via unanimous decision in October at WXC 83: Warrior Wednesday 8. Shelton is a veteran of The Ultimate Fighter 24, where he lost to season winner, Tim Elliott. Shelton’s UFC stint didn’t go to plan, finishing his two-year UFC run with a 2-4 UFC record, with three of his losses coming via split decision. However, the 28-year-old hoped a title victory over Ronderos would get him closer to earning his spot back on the UFC roster.
Additionally on the cardwelterweight prospects were set to collide as Floyd Jones (2-1) took on Perry Stargel (1-0), and heavyweight prospect Dylan Potter (8-4) was in action.
WXC 85: Warrior Wednesday 10 Results:
- Juancamilo Ronderos (C) def. Eric Shelton via Split Decision (48-47, 47-48, 48-47) – for the WXC flyweight championship.
- Dylan Potter def. Charles Brown via Technical Knockout (Head Kicks), Round 1, 2:20
- Darryol Humphrey def. Daniel Winston via Knockout (Punch), Round 1, 1:53
- Floyd Jones def. Perry Stargel via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Isaiah Gathings Jr def. Will Frost via Submission (Armbar), Round 1, 4:17
- Marcus Maulding def. Trever Alden via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 1, 3:35