WXC 80: Warrior Wednesday was live from Southgate, Michigan, on Wednesday, July 31. The live results are below.
WXC 80: Warrior Wednesday 5 was live from the Crystal Gardens in Southgate, Michigan. The show was broadcast live on UFC Fight Pass.
In the main event, undefeated flyweights faced off for the vacant flyweight title as Matthew Elliott (4-0) faced Juancamilo Ronderos (2-0).
Elliot (4-0) entered the contest with all his victories via first-round submission, three of which were inside 61 seconds. The 23-year-old was 1-0 with the promotion, defeating Mike Johnson back in February of 2018.
Ronderos (2-0) entered the contest with a perfect record as a professional and as an amateur. Ronderos was a former Tuff-N-Uff flyweight champion – a belt he defended three times before going professional. Since making his professional debut earlier this year, Ronderos has won back-to-back contests in the promotion. Most recently, the Xtreme Couture prospect submitted Eric Ramirez in the second round at WXC 78.
Also on the card, Michigan-based prospects Kenny Cross and Floyd Jones fought in separate bouts on the undercard.
Check out the results for WXC 80: Warrior Wednesday 5 below, which will be updated throughout the night.
WXC 80: Warrior Wednesday 5 Results
- Juancamilo Ronderos def. Matthew Elliott via Technical Submission (Sneaky Pete), Round 2, 2:39 – for vacant flyweight championship.
- Ermal Hadribaej def. Ryan Mclntosh Submission (Strike – Body Kick), Round 1, 3:12
- Francisco Muniz def. Elijah Cavender via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 1, 4:10
- Paul Schommer def. Floyd Jones via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 3, 2:58
- Kenny Cross def. Luke Hnseva via Submission (Strikes), Round 1, 2:08 – 175-pound catchweight bout.
- Brandon Janes def. Latavious Harris via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 1, 1:37 – for amateur bantamweight championship.
- Jeff Baughman def. Juwan Smith via Split Decision (29-28 x2, 28-29)