LFA 75: Neal vs. Cruz was live on Friday, September 6, from West Valley City, Utah. The live results are below.
LFA 75: Neal vs. Cruz was live from the Maverik Center in West Valley City, Utah. The event was broadcast live on AXS TV Fights.
The main event was supposed between Troy Lamson and Arthur Estrázulas, but Lamson was forced to withdraw due to an injury. Estrázulas couldn’t find an opponent for his second LFA bout, after submitting Steve Kozola at LFA 69 last June.
Instead, a featherweight bout will now headline between Jon Neal (10-1) and Andrew Cruz (6-3). This was a bounce-back fight for Neal, as he suffered his first career loss when he last competed in LFA. Neal suffered a unanimous decision loss to The Ulitmate Fighter 28 product Tyler Diamond. Neal had won 10-straight prior to the loss, finishing nine of those wins on the regional scene. Cruz is coming off back-to-back stoppage wins, including a submission win in Bellator. Cruz has fought solid competition, including current UFC fighter Vince Morales back in 2016. The Bellator veteran has only gone the distance once in his career.
In the co-main event, Samson Phommabout faced Mauro Chaulet. Phommabout (5-1) had won his last five in a row, four of which came via first-round submission. The 31-year-old fought last month, defeating Randy Rowland via unanimous decision. Chaulet, on the other hand, was making his return to MMA for the first time since August 2014. Chaulet fought Renato Moicano in Jungle Fight in April of 2013.
Also on the card, undefeated prospects Miles Hunsinger and Ty Gwerder return against more-experienced opponents.
LFA 75: Neal vs. Cruz Live Results:
- Andrew Cruz def. Jon Neal via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 2, 4:28
- Mauro Chaulet def. Samson Phommabout via Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Bobby King def. Westin Wilson via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Miles Hunsinger def. Nate Kearsley via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 2, 4:46 – 175-pound catchweight.
- Ty Gwerder def. Mike Jones via KO (Body Kick), Round 1, 2:22
- Eric Iman def. Tony Darling via KO (Punch), Round 1, 1:28
- Mitch Ramírez def. Michael Garcia via KO (Head Kick), Round 1
- Dominico Salas def. Trevor Bradshaw via (T)KO (Punches), Round 2
- Stephanie Hernandez def. Chrisoula Koukouvetakis via Split Decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29)