LFA 69: Perez vs. Moreno was live on Friday, June 7, 2019 from Cabazon, California. The full results are below.
LFA 69: Perez vs. Moreno live from the Morongo Casino Resort & Spa in Cabazon, California live on AXS TV.
In the main event, reigning flyweight champion Maikel Perez returns from injury to make the first defense of his LFA title as he faces former UFC main-eventer and flyweight contender Brandon Moreno.
Perez, 36, was born in Cienfuegos, Cuba but fights out of Huntington Beach, California as he trains out of Kings MMA. The Cuban native is coming off a 14-month lay-off due to injury. In his most recent performance, Perez claimed the vacant flyweight title with a second-round knockout victory over fellow prospect Sid Bice. Perez, is 4-1 in LFA – winning his last four consecutively.
Meanwhile, Moreno is coming back to the regional scene after back-to-back losses in the UFC (which was unexpected). It should be noted however that Moreno lost to top flyweight contenders Sergio Pettis and Alexandre Pantoja and went 3-2 inside the Octagon. However, with the current uncertainty of the flyweight division, it should come as no surprise. Nonetheless, Moreno is looking for vengeance to prove he belongs in the UFC.
In the co-main event, Brazil’s Arthur Estrázulas faces Bellator veteran Steve Kozola. Estrázulas, is a one-time PFL competitor, where he lost a split decision to UFC veteran Thiago Tavares. Kozola on the other hand, has gone 4-2 in Bellator, with all four wins coming by way of knockout. With only two decisions combined within their victories, this fight is not likely to hear the final horn.
Also on the card, Team Oyama product Desmond Torres returns against undefeated Jose Medina. California native Kyle Estrada also competes, when he faces Ricky Furar in a bantamweight contest.
LFA 69: Perez vs. Moreno Results
- Brandon Moreno def. Maikel Perez (C) by TKO (Punches), Round 4, 1:54 – for the LFA flyweight title
- Arthur Estrázulas def. Steve Kozola by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 1, 2:32
- Desmond Torres def. Jose Medina by Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke), Round 3, 1:23
- Kyle Estrada def. Ricky Furar by TKO (Leg Kicks), Round 2, 0:19
- Vanessa Demopoulos def. Nadine Mandiau by Verbal Submission (Armbar), Round 1, 2:37
- Natan Levy def. Nick Bedis by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Jean-Paul Le-Bosnoyani def. Skyler Hicks by TKO (Referee Stoppage), Round 1, 2:10