This Saturday’s UFC Vegas 75 is down a fight already.
One day prior to weigh-ins (where things tend to go wrong, if they’re going to), Miles Johns has been forced out of his bantamweight fight with Raoni Barcelos.
UFC officials announced the news Thursday afternoon.
“Due to injury, Miles Johns has been removed from his bantamweight bout with Raoni Barcelos,” read a statement posted to the promotion’s official website. “As a result, this bout has been cancelled from this weekend’s card.”
Johns, meanwhile, addressed the situation on social media. “Sorry guys,” Johns wrote on in a brief statement. “F*cking sucks. Never felt more ready in my life. Going to get healed up and hoping to get this fight rebooked ASAP!”
Johns (13-2) was looking to build on a win over Vince Morales in his last outing, while Barcelos (17-4) hoped to bounce back from a loss to Umar Nurmagomedov last time out. Overall, the Brazilian is 1-3 in his last four.
UFC Vegas 75, set for the UFC Apex this Saturday, June 17, 2023, moves forward with the following match-ups:
- Marvin Vettori vs. Jared Cannonier
- Arman Tsarukyan vs. Joaquim Silva
- Armen Petrosyan vs. Christian Leroy Duncan
- Pat Sabatini vs. Lucas Almeida
- Manuel Torres vs. Nikolas Motta
- Nicolas Dalby vs. Muslim Salikhov
- Jimmy Flick vs. Alessandro Costa
- Kang Kyung-ho vs. Cristian Quinonez
- Carlos Hernandez vs. Denys Bondar
- Zhalgas Zhumagulov vs. Felipe Bunes
- Tereza Bleda vs. Gabriella Fernandes
- Dan Argueta vs. Ronnie Lawrence
- Zac Pauga vs. Modestas Bukauskas