Las Vegas, NV – UFC flyweight Erin Blanchfield will look to get her UFC win streak to five when she meets Taila Santos at the UFC APEX on Feb.18th.
Blanchfield broke the news on Morning Kombat on Tuesday.
Blanchfield (10-1) has rattled off four consecutive victories since entering the UFC. The sole loss on her record is a split-decision defeat against Tracy Cortez when the two competed for Invicta FC in February 2019.
Santos (19-2) is coming off a loss to current champion Valentina Shevchenko at UFC 275. Shevchenko (23-3) won the fight via split decision which was criticized by many who felt Santos had done enough to upset the champion.
Santos required surgery to repair an eye injury she suffered during the fight.
Blanchfield looks to put her name on the short list of contenders for the flyweight title, and Santos looks to get back to a title fight with an impressive victory over one of the rising stars in the division.
The UFC Fight Night card on Feb.18th currently looks like this:
- Taila Santos vs. Erin Blanchfield
- Gabriel Benitez vs. Jim Miller
- William Knight vs. Marcin Prachino
- Themba Gorimbo vs. Billy Goff
- Evan Elder vs. Nazim Sadykhov
- Benoit Saint-Denis vs. Joe Solecki
- Juancamilo Ronderos vs. Clayton Carpenter
- Abus Magomedov vs. Gerald Meerschaert
- Philipe Lins vs. Ovince Saint Preux
The event is expected to take place at the UFC APEX in Las Vegas.