Recently signed Raul Rosas Jr., who was all of 17-years old when he won his Dana White’s Contender Series match-up earlier this year and inked a UFC deal, has his octagon debut date set.
Roasas Jr. (6-0) will face Jay Perrin (10-6) at UFC 282 on December 10, 2022, with the final PPV card of the year taking place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. By the time the fight rolls around, the now-18 year-old will be just shy of two months past his latest birthday.
Iridium Sports Agency, who represent both Rosas Jr. and Perrin, announced the booking.
Rosas Jr., undefeated in his pro career, defeated the then 7-1 Mando Gutierrez to secure a UFC contract on the Contender Series. The youngster turned pro less than a year ago, and has fought at a breakneck pace since.
Perrin has lost two straight fights, most recently falling to Aoriqileng. He’s still in search of his first UFC win.
UFC 282 will be headlined by Jiri Prochazka and Glover Teixeira running it back for the promotion’s light heavyweight title. The following match-ups have been reported for the event to date:
- Jiri Prochazka (c) vs. Glover Teixeira – for the UFC light heavyweight championship
- Jan Błachowicz vs. Magomed Ankalaev
- Robbie Lawler vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Darren Till vs. Dricus du Plessis
- Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Dalcha Lungiambula
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Chris Daukaus
- Billy Quarantillo vs. Alexander Hernandez
- T.J. Brown vs. Erik Silva
- Chris Curtis vs. Joaquin Buckley
- Ronnie Lawrence vs. Cameron Saaiman
- Vinicius Salvador vs. Daniel da Silva
- Paddy Pimblett vs. Jared Gordon
- Bryce Mitchell vs. Ilia Topuria
- Raul Rosas Jr. vs. Jay Perrin