Heavyweight action will see Josh Parisian and Chase Sherman collide next month.
Parisian (15-5) is set to face Sherman (16-10) as part of the UFC’s November 5, 2022 Fight Night event. MMA Junkie was first to report news of the booking, with Parisian later confirming the match-up on social media.
Both big men enter the fight off of recent wins. For Parisian, who has posted a 2-2 record in the UFC to date, he’ll enter the bout off a win of Alan Baudot at UFC Vegas 57 in June. Parisian has traded wins and losses since arriving in the promotion by way of Dana White’s Contender Series in 2020, and has also picked up a victory over RIZIN FF vet Roque Martinez.
Sherman is on his second (and almost his third, after being briefly let go then immediately re-signed) stint with the UFC, and recently snapped a four-fight skid. That came by way of a TKO against Jared Vanderaa at UFC Vegas 58.
The UFC’s November 5 event is set to be headlined by undefeated featherweights Bryce Mitchell and Movsar Evloev. The following bouts have been reported for the card so far:
- Bryce Mitchell vs. Movsar Evloev
- Darrick Minner vs. Shayilan Nuerdanbieke
- Polyana Viana vs. Jinh Yu Frey
- Tamires Vidal vs. Ramona Pascual
- Benito Lopez vs. Mario Bautista
- Nate Maness vs. Tagir Ulanbekov
- Johnny Muñoz Jr. vs. Liudvik Sholinian
- Miranda Maverick vs. Shanna Young
- Jake Hadley vs. Carlos Candelario
- Marina Rodriguez vs. Amanda Lemos
- Chase Sherman vs. Josh Parisian