After Jason Witt vs. Josh Quinlan dropped off the card Friday, UFC Vegas 59 has taken a second blow on fight day.
A women’s flyweight fight between Brazilian’s Ariane Lipski (14-7) and Priscila Cachoeira (11-4) is the latest bout to fall off the card. Lipski was not medically cleared to compete on Saturday after missing weight by 2.5 pounds a day earlier.
Combate was first to report the news.
As with Witt vs. Quinlan, the fight will be moved to UFC San Diego next week, in this case at bantamweight to ease the difficulties of Lipski’s already tough weight cut. According to Cobate’s initial report, Lipski contracted COVID-19 during her fight camp, a factor she cited in missing weight for the first time in her career.
With the loss of Ariane Lipski vs. Priscila Cachoeira just hours out from the event, UFC Vegas 59 now moves forward with ten fights. The card breaks down as follows:
- Thiago Santos vs. Jamahal Hill
- Vicente Luque vs. Geoff Neal
- Zac Pauga vs. Mohammed Usman — The Ultimate Fighter 30 heavyweight final
- Brogan Walker vs. Juliana Miller — The Ultimate Fighter 30 women’s flyweight final
- Augusto Sakai vs. Sergey Spivak
- Sam Alvey vs. Michał Oleksiejczuk
- Terrance McKinney vs. Erick Gonzalez
- Takashi Sato vs. Bryan Battle
- Miranda Granger vs. Cory McKenna
- Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Stephanie Egger