Welterweights Jason Witt and Josh Quinlan both weighed in successfully on Friday, for their fight at UFC Vegas 59.
The bout, however, will not move forward as planned. Instead, Witt vs. Quinlan has been pushed out a week, landing on UFC San Diego on August 13.
News of the change was first reported by Combate’s Evy Rodrigues. MMA Fighting first noted the new date. Late Friday, Quinlan edited a post on social media site Instagram to say “Fight news coming soon.”
No reason has been given for the bout’s postponement.
Quinlan (5-0, 1NC), a 2021 Contender Series winner, will be making his promotional debut in the fight. Witt (19-8) dropped his last fight to Phil Rowe, and has been trading wins and losses since arriving in the UFC.
With Witt vs. Quinlan moving back, Saturday’s UFC Vegas 59 card moves forward with the following match-ups:
- Thiago Santos vs. Jamahal Hill
- Vicente Luque vs. Geoff Neal
- Zac Pauga vs. Mohammed Usman — The Ultimate Fighter 30 heavyweight final
- Brogan Walker vs. Juliana Miller — The Ultimate Fighter 30 women’s flyweight final
- Augusto Sakai vs. Sergey Spivak
- Ariane Lipski vs. Priscila Cachoeira
- Sam Alvey vs. Michał Oleksiejczuk
- Terrance McKinney vs. Erick Gonzalez
- Takashi Sato vs. Bryan Battle
- Miranda Granger vs. Cory McKenna
- Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Stephanie Egger