The UFC’s April 23, 2022 Fight Night event has seen a slight alteration.
A heavyweight match-up between Canadian Tanner Boser and Brazil’s Rodrigo Nascimento is no more, with Nascimento pulling out of the fight. In his place, Boser will face Alexander Romanov.
TSN’s Aaron Bronsteter was first to report the news. Romanov subsequently confirmed the booking on social media.
Boser (20-8-1) snapped a two fight skid last June when he knocked out moonlighting light heavyweight Ovince St. Preux. Prior to that, “Bulldozer” had lost decisions to Andrei Arlovski and Ilir Latifi.
The Alberta native had been lined up to face Sergei Pavlovich last December, only for the fight to fall through.
Romanov (15-0) has yet to taste defeat in his professional career. Three of his four UFC wins thus far have come inside the distance; in his last fight, he stopped Jared Vanderaa via second-round TKO.
The UFC’s April 23, 2022 event is expected to take place at the Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. The following fights have been reported for the card to date:
- Amanda Lemos vs. Jéssica Andrade
- Lando Vannata vs. Charles Jourdain
- Manel Kape vs. Su Mudaerji
- Tyson Pedro vs. Ike Villanueva
- Qileng Aori vs. Cameron Else
- Louis Cosce vs. Preston Parsons
- Clay Guida vs. Claudio Puelles
- Mike Jackson vs. Dean Barry
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Maycee Barber
- Dwight Grant vs. Sergey Khandozhko
- Damir Hadžović vs. Steve Garcia
- Tanner Boser vs. Alexander Romanov