Jessica Eye will no longer be part of UFC 272 next month.
Eye (15-10, 1NC) had been expected to facing surging French flyweight Manon Fiorot at the event. However, “Evil” Eye announced Friday on social media that an injury had forced her out of the bout.
“I’m sorry to report that I’m out of my fight at UFC 272 due to an injury I sustained last night,” Eye wrote on social media. “I’m extremely disappointed as it was an incredible camp with my original team back home in Cleveland [at] Strong Style MMA. My Apologies to my opponent and the UFC. I look forward to the opportunity to entertain and fight in front you all again in a few weeks when I’m clear to return to full contact training.”
With just over a week to go until the PPV event, it remains to be seen whether the UFC will land a new opponent for Fiorot. With Eye suggesting she’s just a few weeks away from full contract training, they may opt to keep the pairing together.
Eye was hoping to snap a three-fight skid in the fight.
UFC 272 takes place Saturday, March 5, 2022 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. A grudge match between Jorge Masvidal and Colby Covington headlines. The following bouts are attached to the card currently:
- Colby Covington vs. Jorge Masvidal
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Rafael Fiziev
- Edson Barboza vs. Bryce Mitchell
- Kevin Holland vs. Alex Oliveira
- Sergey Spivak vs. Greg Hardy
- Marina Rodriguez vs. Yan Xiaonan
- Maryna Moroz vs. Mariya Agapova
- Jalin Turner vs. Jamie Mullarkey
- Nicolae Negumereanu vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu
- Tim Elliott vs. Tagir Ulanbekov
- Michał Oleksiejczuk vs. Dustin Jacoby
- Devonte Smith vs. Ludovit Klein