Welterweights Dwight Grant and Sergey Khandozhko are set to collide at the UFC’s April 23, 2022 Fight Night event.
Cageside Press confirmed the booking with a source familiar with the situation, following an initial report by Eurosport. The fight finds both men looking to bounce back from setbacks in their last outing — and for Khandozhko, the fight marks his first bout since 2019.
Grant (11-4) came up short against Francisco Trinaldo in October of last year, losing a split decision. It was the second straight split decision for Grant, though one fight prior against Stefan Sekulic, the judges saw it in his favor.
A 2018 Dana White’s Contender Series winner, Grant debuted inside the octagon that December, and has posted a 3-3 record to date.
Khandozhko (27-6-1) joined the UFC in 2019, winning his debut then dropping a bout to the highly touted Roustam Khabilov. The Russian, who previously competed for ACB, had two fights fall through in 2021, against Nicolas Dalby and David Zawada— first due to injury, then thanks to a COVID-19 diagnosis.
He did not fight in 2020 either.
The UFC’s April 23, 2022 event has no venue, location, or broadcast plan officially announced. The following bouts have been reported for the card to date:
- Qileng Aori vs. Cameron Else
- Louis Cosce vs. Preston Parsons
- Clay Guida vs. Claudio Puelles
- Mike Jackson vs. Dean Barry
- Jéssica Andrade vs. Amanda Lemos
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Maycee Barber
- Tyson Pedro vs. Ike Villanueva
- Tanner Boser vs. Rodrigo Nascimento
- Manel Kape vs. Su Mudaerji
- Dwight Grant vs. Sergey Khandozhko