A pair of Contender Series alums will face off at UFC 274 this May.
Vergara won his way into the UFC by defeating Bruno Korea on Dana White’s Contender Series back in September. He made his debut inside the octagon in November at UFC 268, coming up short against Ode Ousbourne.
That loss snapped a five-fight win streak for the former Fury FC flyweight champ.
Brazil’s Rodrigues was also successful on the Contender Series last year. UFC 274 will mark his debut for the promotion, as a planned fight with Zarrukh Adashev last month was cancelled for undisclosed reasons.
UFC 274 is set to take place on May 7, 2022 at a location yet to be officially announced — although it appears Brazil, previously rumored, is off the table. The following bouts are attached to the card:
- Glover Teixeira (c) vs. Jiří Procházka – for the UFC light heavyweight championship
- Charles Oliveira (c) vs. Justin Gaethje – for the UFC lightweight championship
- Macy Chiasson vs. Norma Dumont
- Ariane Carnelossi vs. Lupita Godinez
- Blagoy Ivanov vs. Marcos Rogério de Lima
- C.J. Vergara vs. Kleydson Rodrigues