Maycee Barber will stay on December’s UFC 269 pay-per-view after all.
MMA Junkie was first to report the news that No. 13 ranked flyweight Barber will fight Erin Blanchfield on December 11 at the PPV event. Blanchfield would confirm the booking on social media. Barber was initially matched up with Montana De La Rosa; however, De La Rosa pulled out with a knee injury.
Barber (9-2) snapped the first losing streak of her career in her last outing, which saw her win a very controversial split decision against Miranda Maverick. Every single media member scored the fight for Maverick. Before her most recent win, she lost a unanimous decision to Alexa Grasso and another unanimous decision to Roxanne Modafferi, where she unfortunately tore her ACL.
Blanchfield (7-1) was successful in her long-awaited UFC debut last month against Sarah Alpar. She defeated Alpar via unanimous decision. At just 22-years old, Blanchfield is one of the brightest prospects in all of MMA.
No location or venue has been officially announced for the December 11 pay-per-view event. However, it is rumored that UFC 269 will go down at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, NV.
The UFC 269 card currently breaks down as follows:
- Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier – for the UFC lightweight title
- Amanda Nunes vs. Juliana Pena – for the UFC women’s bantamweight title
- Leon Edwards vs. Jorge Masvidal
- Dominick Cruz vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Kai Kara-France
- Raulian Paiva vs. Sean O’Malley
- Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Geoff Neal
- Maycee Barber vs. Erin Blanchfield
- Ryan Hall vs. Darrick Minner
- Gillian Robertson vs. Priscila Cachoeira
- Andre Muniz vs. Dricus Du Plessis
- Randy Costa vs. Tony Kelley
- Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell