Brandon Davis returns to the UFC in October.
MMA Junkie was the first to report the news that Brandon Davis will be returning to the promotion after two years away. He will be fighting Danaa Batgerel on October 16 at UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Dumont. Both fighters would subsequently confirm the booking on social media.
Davis (14-8) will be returning to promotion after being released in 2019. “Killer B” went 2-5 in his first stint. However, he went back to the regional scene and picked up four wins to get the call back to the UFC. Davis has faced the likes of Giga Chikadze, Randy Costa, and Zabit Magomedsharipov.
Batgerel (9-2) has been on fire since losing his UFC debut. The Mongolian fighter knocked out Guido Cannetti at UFC 248 in 2020 and then knocked out Kevin Natividad at UFC 261. Batgerel was scheduled to fight Montel Jackson last month; however, visa issues forced him to pull out of the fight.
UFC Fight Night: Costa vs. Vettori will take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, NV, on October 16 and broadcast on ESPN+.
The October 16 fight card now includes the following reported bouts:
- Norma Dumont vs. Holly Holm
- L’udovit Klein vs. Nate Landwehr
- Luana Carolina vs. Sijara Eubanks
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Carlos Felipe
- Julian Marquez vs. Jordan Wright
- Ariane Carnelossi vs. Istela Nunes
- Andrew Sanchez vs. Bruno Silva
- Timur Valiev vs. Daniel Santos
- Da Un Jung vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu
- Brandon Davis vs. Danaa Batgerel
- Manon Fiorot vs. Mayra Bueno Silva
- Ramazan Emeev vs. Danny Roberts
- Marcelo Rojo vs. TBD