A pair of featherweights will collide in New York in a fight that should be nothing less than fireworks.
MMA DNA was first to report the news that No. 14 ranked featherweight Shane Burgos will fight Billy Quarantillo on November 6 at UFC 268. Both fighters would confirm the news on social media.
Burgos (13-3) is on the first two-fight losing streak of his career. In his last fight, he was knocked out by Edson Barboza at UFC 262 in what was a scary delayed knockout. Before that, he lost a unanimous decision to Josh Emmett. “Hurricane” was riding a three-fight win streak before losing his last two.
Quarantillo (16-3) recently got back into the win column after having his eight-fight win streak snapped. In July, he finished Gabriel Benítez and earned Fight of the Night honors. Before that win, he lost a unanimous decision to Gavin Tucker. With a win over Burgos in November, he will take his No. 14 ranking.
UFC 268 will take at Madison Square Garden in New York City on November 6. The event will feature two title fight rematches atop the card.
So far, the second to last pay-per-view of the year looks like this:
- Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington II – for the welterweight title
- Rose Namajunas vs. Zhang Weili II – for the strawweight title
- Justin Gathje vs. Michael Chandler
- Germaine de Randamie vs. Irene Aldana
- Frankie Edgar vs. Marlon Vera
- Luke Rockhold vs. Sean Strickland
- Al Iaquinta vs. Bobby Green
- Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Nassourdine Imavov
- Aleksa Camur vs. John Allan
- Melsik Baghdasaryan vs. TJ Laramie
- Shane Burgos vs. Billy Quarantillo
- Alex Pereira vs. Andreas Michailidis