The youngest and hottest female prospect in MMA has signed with the UFC.
Top prospect Erin Blanchfield will make her octagon debut on short notice as she fights Norma Dumont at UFC on ABC 2 on April 10. She replaces Bea Malecki, who was forced to pull out of the fight. ESPN’s Ariel Helwani was first to report the news.
Blanchfield would confirm her signing on social media. She would also thank Invicta FC owner Shannon Knapp in the same post.
“Thank you to @shanknapp for letting me take this opportunity. And thank you to @invictafc as a whole for helping me grow and develop as a fighter. Let’s get it.”
Blanchfield (6-1) is riding a three-fight win streak, and her only loss came from UFC fighter Tracy Cortez in 2019. The 21-year old had two wins in 2020, knocking out Victoria Leonardo with a head kick and then defeating Brogan Walker-Sanchez via a unanimous decision. Blanchfield was scheduled to face Pearl Gonzales for the vacant flyweight title last year, but a positive COVID-19 test put a halt to that.
Dumont (5-1) rebounded fantastically in her last fight by dominating Ashlee Evans-Smith at UFC Fight Night: Smith vs. Clark. The Brazilian did miss weight by three pounds, after dropping to bantamweight from featherweight in her last fight.
The fight with Blanchfield will be contested at 135lbs.
With the latest addition, UFC on ABC 2 now looks like this:
- Marvin Vettori vs. TBD
- Arnold Allen vs. Sodiq Yusuff
- Nina Ansaroff vs. Mackenzie Dern
- Kyle Daukaus vs. Aliaskhab Khizriev
- Sam Alvey vs. Julian Marquez
- Ignacio Bahamondes vs. John Makdessi
- Mike Perry vs. Daniel Rodriguez
- Jordan Griffin vs. Luis Saldana
- Norma Dumont vs. Bea Malecki
- Jarjis Danho vs. Yorgan De Castro
- Hunter Azure vs. Jack Shore
- Shamil Gamzatov vs. Da Un Jung
- Mateusz Gamrot vs. Scott Holtzman
- Impa Kasanganay vs. Sasha Palatnikov
- Jim Miller vs. Joe Solecki
- Erin Blanchfield vs. Norma Dumont