TKO 48: Gané vs. Souza is live on UFC Fight Pass on May 24, 2019. The live results are below.
TKO returned for their 48th event on Friday as a heavyweight title bout between current champion Cyril Gané and challenger Roggers Souza headlined TKO 48. TKO 48 was live from the Robert Guertin Arena in Gatineau, Quebec.
In the main event, 2-0 heavyweight prospect Cyril Gané returns to make his second defense of his heavyweight title against Brazilian newcomer Roggers Souza. The champion Gané made his first defense of the belt in his most recent showing at TKO 44 last September with a second-round destruction of highly touted heavyweight prospect and former heavyweight champion Adam Dyczka. Gané actually won the title in his MMA debut, defeating Bobby Sullivan via strikes in the very first round. His opponent, Souza enters with an 8-1 record, with all of his victories coming via finish. Most recently, Souza dropped a unanimous decision to Kazbek Saidaliev in his ACA debut.
In the co-main event, undefeated flyweights collide for the vacant flyweight championship as Germany’s Mandy Böhm faces Canada’s Jade Masson-Wong. Böhm will be making her promotional debut, after winning five-straight bouts for German MMA Championship from November 2016 to September 2018. Meanwhile, Masson-Wong has had all of her professional bouts with TKO, most recently earning her first stoppage win over Marilyn Micallef last December.
Also on the card, is a bantamweight title bout between undefeated champion Nathan Maness, who takes on UFC veteran Taylor Lapilus. Maness most recently dethroned Jesse Arnett for the belt last September. Speaking of Arnett, he returns also as he faces fellow Canadian and former WSOF title-challenger Josh Hill in a bantamweight clash.
The event will be broadcast live and exclusive on UFC Fight Pass.
TKO 48: Gané vs. Souza Live Results
- Cyril Gané (C) def. Roggers Souza by TKO (Uppercut and Ground and Pound), Round 1, 4:26 – for the TKO heavyweight championship.
- Mandy Böhm def. Jade Masson-Wong by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 3, 3:43 – for the vacant TKO flyweight championship.
- Taylor Lapilus def. Nathan Maness (C) by TKO (Side Kick), Round 3, 1:22 – for the TKO bantamweight championship.
- Josh Hill def. Jesse Arnett by KO (Referee Stoppage), Round 2, 2:11
- Xavier Alaoui def. Mateo Vogel by Disqualification (Illegal Upkicks), Round 1, 3:48)
- Issac Blais def. Pierre Olivier Bouffard by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 1, 3:28
- Jamey-Lyn Horth Wessels def. Corinne Laframboise by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 3, 2:57
- Alex O’Neil def. Cedric Mongeon by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
- Bradley Sulliva def. Mathieu Charrette by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Yank Jacolin def. Guillaume Poulin by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 1
- Serge Dancos def. Alexandre Gomes by TKO (Ground and Pound), Round 1, 2:57
- Vincent Houle def. Curtis Richard by TKO (Ground and Pound), Round 2, 3:58
- Nicolas Pedneault def. Mattia Fonda by TKO (Ground and Pound), Round 3, 0:30
- Terry Lemaire def. Marc Jhingran by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)