March’s UFC Atlantic City has its main event, with welterweight action topping the promotion’s first visit to the city since 2018.
UFC President Dana White announced on Friday that Vicente Luque vs. Sean Brady would headline the card, which takes place on March 30, 2024 at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, NJ.
Luque (22-9-1) enters the bout off a key win over a former champ in Rafael dos Anjos. The victory snapped a two-fight skid for Vicente Luque, who also overcame a health scare in 2023 after being diagnosed with a brain hemorrhage following a knockout loss to Geoff “Handz of Steel” Neal in 2022.
Long a standout talent at 170lbs, Luque holds notable wins over Mike Perry, Tyron Woodley, Michael Chiesa, and RDA among others.
Sean Brady (16-1) made a successful return to the win column in December when he defeated TUF champ Kelvin Gastelum. Brady’s lone professional loss came one fight prior when he came up short against Belal Muhammad, with the fight ending by TKO in the second round.
Brady currently sits at #7 and Luque at #9 in the UFC’s official welterweight rankings.
UFC Atlantic City on March 30, 2024 currently features the following reported match-ups:
- Sean Brady vs. Vicente Luque
- Erin Blanchfield vs. Manon Fiorot
- Chris Weidman vs. Bruno Silva
- Virna Jandiroba vs. Loopy Godinez
- Andre Petroski vs. Jacob Malkoun
- Connor Matthews vs. Dennis Buzukja
- Dominick Reyes vs. Carlos Ulberg
- Angel Pacheco vs. Caolan Loughran
- Chidi Njokuani vs. Rhys McKee
- Julio Arce vs. Herbert Burns