Longtime UFC veteran lightweight Jim Miller will take on Gabriel Benitez at UFC Vegas 84 on Jan. 13 at the UFC APEX.
The promotion made the announcement via press release.
Miller (36-17) will take part in his 43rd UFC bout when he faces Benitez at the UFC APEX. He comes off a knockout victory over Jesse Butler back in July. `
Benitez (23-10) is coming off a TKO victory over Charlie Ontiveros in August. That victory snapped a two-fight losing streak against David Onama and Billy Quarantillo. After spending the majority of his career at featherweight Benitez made the move to lightweight against Ontiveros.
Miller took part in both UFC 100 and UFC 200 with hopes of being part of the upcoming UFC 300 card. Depending on his health following the bout there will be questions of if he can make the turn around for UFC 300.
Other fights on this card include:
- Johnny Walker vs. Magomed Ankalaev
- Matheus Nicolau vs. Manel Kape
- Gabriel Santos vs. Westin Wison
- Ketlen Vieira vs. Macy Chiasson
- Yana Santos vs. Norma Dumont
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Waldo Cortes Acosta
- Farid Basharat vs. Taylor Lapilus
- Bassil Hafez vs. Preston Parsons
- Phil Hawes vs. Brunno Ferreira
- Ricky Simon vs. Mario Bautista
- Felipe Bunes vs. Denys Bondar
- Marcus McGhee vs. Gaston Bolanos