This Saturday’s UFC Sao Paulo card has undergone another short-notice change.
With Esteban Ribovics out of the event due to an undisclosed injury, promotional newcomer Kaynan Kruschewsky (15-1, 1NC) will step up to face Elves Brenner (15-3) in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
UFC officials announced the news on the promotion’s official website on Wednesday.
“Esteban Ribovics has been removed from his lightweight bout with Elves Brener,” read a brief statement. “Replacing Ribovics will be Dana White’s Contender Series signee Kaynan Kruschewsky, who makes his UFC debut riding a seven-fight unbeaten streak, which includes five finishes.”
While Kaynan Kruschewsky will be making his promotional debut, Brener has won both of his outings inside the octagon thus far.
Rumors of Brener vs. Ribovics falling through began to circulate earlier this week. Octagon Update was first to report the opponent swap. A report by Eurosport’s Marcel Dorff added that the fight is expected to take place at a 165lb catchweight.
With the change, the UFC Sao Paulo line-up on November 4, 2023 now looks as follows:
- Jailton Almeida vs. Derrick Lewis
- Gabriel Bonfim vs. Nicolas Dalby
- Rodrigo Nascimento vs. Don’Tale Mayes
- Caio Borralho vs. Abus Magomedov
- Rodolfo Vieira vs. Armen Petrosyan
- Ismael Bonfim vs. Vinc Pichel
- Elves Brener vs. Kaynan Kruschewsky
- Victor Hugo vs. Daniel Marcos
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Rinat Fakhretdinov
- Vitor Petrino vs. Modestas Bukauskas
- Angela Hill vs. Denise Gomes
- Eduarda Moura vs. Montserrat Ruiz
- Kauê Fernandes vs. Marc Diakiese