Along with the announcement that Sodiq Yusuff vs. Edson Barboza will headline the UFC’s October 14 card, news of another October main event broke on Wednesday.
Topping the promotion’s October 7 show will be a lightweight affair, with Bobby Green (30-14-1, 1NC) facing off against Grant Dawson (20-1-1).
Bobby “King” Green will enter the fight off a win over Tony Ferguson, a technical submission via arm-triangle that scooped up a Performance of the Night bonus at UFC 291. Prior to that, an accidental head butt resulted in a No Contest between Green and Jared Gordon.
Green has kept a busy schedule, fighting three times in 2022, and three times again this year with the Dawson fight.
As for Dawson, he enters the first main event of his UFC tenure still undefeated under the promotion’s banner. The 29-year old is 8-0-1 inside the octagon to date, most recently earning a decision win over Damir Ismagulov in July.
Dawson is currently ranked #10 in the UFC lightweight division, while Green sits outside the promotion’s official rankings.
The UFC’s Oct. 7 Fight Night event is numerically UFC Vegas 80, and takes place at the Apex in Las Vegas. The following match-ups have been reported for the card:
- Grant Dawson vs. Bobby Green
- Joe Pyfer vs. Abdul Razak Alhassan
- Drew Dober vs. Ricky Glenn
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Bill Algeo
- Johnny Muñoz Jr. vs. Aori Qileng
- Kanako Murata vs. Vanessa Demopoulos
- Chris Gutiérrez vs. Montel Jackson
- Daniel Pineda vs. Khusein Askhabov
- Nate Maness vs. Mateus Mendonça
- Ion Cuțelaba vs.Philipe Lins
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Stephanie Egger