Women’s flyweights will be in action as part of the UFC’s October 7, 2023 Fight Night event expected to be housed at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
That fight will see Montana De La Rosa (12-8-1) take on Stephanie Egger (8-4), with both fighters looking to return to the win column.
News of the booking was first reported by MMA Junkie, and confirmed by Knock Out Representation, De La Rosa’s management agency.
Egger has fought at both bantamweight and featherweight in recent years, and most recently suffered a submission loss in a 140lb catchweight bout with Irina Alekseeva, after Alekseeva missed weight for the fight. Prior to that setback, Switzerland’s Egger had secured her own submission victory against Ailin Perez.
Overall, Egger is 3-3 in six fights under the UFC banner.
De La Rosa is an Ultimate Fighter 26 alum who has a 5-4-1 record inside the octagon for her part. She’s posted back-to-back losses, however, against Maycee Barber and Tatiana Suarez. While there’s no shaming in losing to those names, De La Rosa will no doubt be highly motivated to correct course this October.
The UFC’s October 7, 2023 Fight Night card does not yet have a main event announced. The following match-ups have been reported for the show:
- Joe Pyfer vs. Abdul Razak Alhassan
- Drew Dober vs. Ricky Glenn
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Bill Algeo
- Johnny Muñoz Jr. vs. Aori Qileng
- Kanako Murata vs. Vanessa Demopoulos
- Chris Gutiérrez vs. Montel Jackson
- Daniel Pineda vs. Khusein Askhabov
- Nate Maness vs. Mateus Mendonça
- Ion Cuțelaba vs. Philipe Lins
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Stephanie Egger