A lightweight booking has been added to the September 9, 2023 UFC 293 card in Sydney, Australia.
The event — which is just weeks away and still filling out — will see returning Nasrat Haqparast (14-5) take on Landon Quinones (7-1-).
Germany’s Haqparast, who currently trains in and represents Morocco, has not been seen in action since UFC Paris last September, where he earned a unanimous decision win over Canadian John Makdessi.
Haqparast has his next fight booked against Jamie Mullarkey at February’s UFC 284 in Perth, Australia, but was forced to withdraw. Turns out, he’ll head to Australia this year anyway.
If the name Quinones rings a bell, it’s because he just competed on The Ultimate Fighter 31, where he was submitted by veteran Jason Knight in the opening round of the show. As a pro, he’s won five straight fights under the Titan FC banner, where he has also competed in grappling as well.
UFC 293 is headlined by middleweight champion Israel Adesanya taking on Sean Strickland. The following bouts have been announced for the card at the Qudos Bank Arena on September 9, 2023 (Sept. 10 locally):
- Israel Adesanya (c) vs. Sean Strickland — for the UFC middleweight championship
- Tai Tuivasa vs. Alexander Volkov
- Justin Tafa vs. Austen Lane
- Tyson Pedro vs. Anton Turkalj
- Carlos Ulberg vs. Jung Da-un
- Jack Jenkins vs. Chepe Mariscal
- Jamie Mullarkey vs. John Makdessi
- Mike Mathetha vs. Charlie Radtke
- Shane Young vs. Gabriel Miranda
- Manel Kape vs. Felipe dos Santos
- Nasrat Haqparast vs. Landon Quinones