The return of Arjan Bhullar and anticipated heavyweight title unification bout with Anatoly Malykhin is off the upcoming ONE Fight Night 8.
It’s not the first time the fight has fallen through, with a date last September being scratched due to a Bhullar injury.
This time, the fight has been pushed back “due to a shift in broadcaster commitments,” per ONE Championship officials, who added that it “will be rescheduled to a ONE Fight Night card later this year.”
Claro Sports was first to report the news.
ONE Fight Night 8 arrives on March 24, 2023 and is now headlined by a flyweight kickboxing title fight between Thai stars Rodtang and Superlek. A women’s atomweight Muay Thai title fight is also set as co-headliner, featuring Allycia Hellen Rodrigues taking on Janet Todd.
The current ONE Fight Night 8 line-up now breaks down as follows:
- Superlek Kiatmuu9 (c) vs. Rodtang Jitmuangnon – for the ONE flyweight kickboxing championship
- Allycia Rodrigues (c) vs. Janet Todd (ic) – for the ONE women’s atomweight Muay Thai championship
- Itsuki Hirata vs. Seo Hee Ham
- Oh Ho Taek vs. Akbar Abdullaev
- Zhang Peimian vs. Torepchi Dongak
- Danial Williams vs. Rui Botelho
- Alex Silva vs. Keito Yamakita
- Niclas Larsen vs. Eddie Abasolo
- Ekaterina Vandaryeva vs. Iman Barlow
- Bianca Basílio vs. Tammi Musumeci