With both Darrius Flowers and Alex Reyes out of the event, their original opponents will now face each other at UFC Vegas 70.
Erick Gonzalez (14-7) is set to face Trevor Peak (7-0, 1NC) in a lightweight match-up at the Fight Night card on February 25, 2023.
Middle Easy was first to report news of the fight, which Gonzalez later confirmed on social media.
Gonzalez is in search of his first win inside the octagon. “Ghost Pepper,” a former Combate Global standout, has dropped bouts against Jim Miller and Terrance McKinney — not exactly the easiest combination for a fighter new to the promotion.[
Peek will be making his octagon debut in the fight, meanwhile. He picked up a UFC deal on the last season of Dana White’s Contender Series.
UFC Vegas 70 goes down at the Apex in Las Vegas on Feb. 25, 2023 with light heavyweights Nikita Krylov and Ryann Spann in the main event. The card currently shapes up as follows:
- Nikita Krylov vs. Ryan Spann
- André Muniz vs. Brendan Allen
- Augusto Sakai vs. Don’Tale Mayes
- Tatiana Suarez vs. Montana De La Rosa
- Mike Malott vs. Yohan Lainesse
- Jasmine Jasudavicius vs. Gabriella Fernandes
- Rafael Alves vs. Nurollo Aliev
- Victor Martinez vs. Jordan Leavitt
- Hailey Cowan vs. Ailin Perez
- Ode’ Osbourne vs. Charles Johnson
- Erick Gonzalez vs. Trevor Peek
- Garrett Armfield vs. José Johnson