Originally scheduled to headline UFC Vegas 69 later this month, the highly anticipated bantamweight bout between Marlon Vera and Cory Sandhagen has been pushed back to March.
Instead unfolding inside the Apex in Las Vegas, the match-up will now headline the UFC San Antonio card on March 25, 2023.
News of the shift was first reported by Sports Illustrated. UFC President Dana White later confirmed the news, posting a snippet of the report on his Instagram Story.
Vera (20-7-1) has been on a tear of late, winning his last four and knocking off (and out) former champs in Frankie Edgar and Dominick Cruz. He’s also picked up wins over Rob Font and Davey Grant during his current win streak.
Sandhagen (16-4) returned to the win column last September, thanks to a doctor’s stoppage TKO of Song Yadong following the fourth round of their main event bantamweight scrap.
The loss of Vera vs. Sandhagen leaves little in the way of a main event for the February 18 Fight Night card. UFC San Antonio, meanwhile, now features the following match-ups at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, TX:
- Marlon Vera vs. Cory Sandhagen
- Maycee Barber vs. Andrea Lee
- Chidi Njokuani vs. Albert Duraev
- C.J. Vergara vs. Daniel da Silva
- Holly Holm vs. Yana Kunitskaya
- Alex Perez vs. Manel Kape
- Sean Brady vs. Michel Pereira
- Daniel Pineda vs. Tucker Lutz
- Trevin Giles vs. Preston Parsons
- Alex Caceres vs. Nate Landwehr
- Steven Peterson vs. Lucas Alexander
- Irene Aldana vs. Raquel Pennington