Though it’s less than a month away, the UFC Vegas 67 card continues to grow.
The latest fight added to the January 14, 2023 event — the promotion’s first of 2023 — sees Sijara Eubanks (7-7) face off with Priscila Cachoeira (12-4).
The women’s flyweight fight was first reported by Canal Encarada’s Carlos Antunes. Cachoeira later confirmed the booking on social media, while Eubanks also revealed she would be fighting on the 14th.
Eubanks returns to the octagon looking to shake off a loss to Melissa Gatto just over a year ago, in a fight that also saw The Ultimate Fighter alum miss weight. Eubanks is 1-1 after returning to flyweight in July 2021, after a stint as a bantamweight that had been all but forced on her due to struggles making the 125lb limit.
The 37-year old is 5-5 since joining the UFC by way of TUF 26, which crowned the inaugural UFC women’s flyweight champion. Eubanks was expected to compete in the show’s finale, but suffered kidney failure cutting weight, leading to Roxanne Modafferi, her semifinal opponent, facing off with Nico Montano.
Brazil’s Cachoeira has won two straight fights, and four of her last five, with her only loss in that span coming against Gillian Robertson. Most recently, Cachoeira stopped “Violence Queen” Ariane Lipski via TKO.
The UFC’s January 14, 2023 Fight Night card will take place at the Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event is headlined by middleweight action, as Kelvin Gastelum looks to fend off the surging Nassourdine Imavov. The following bouts have been reported for the date:
- Nassourdine Imavov vs. Kelvin Gastelum
- Jimmy Flick vs. Charles Johnson
- Allan Nascimento vs. Carlos Hernandez
- Geoff Neal vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov
- Ketlen Vieira vs. Raquel Pennington
- Jarno Errens vs. David Onama
- Omar Morales vs. Mateusz Rębecki
- Daniel Argueta vs. Isaac Dulgarian
- Punahele Soriano vs. Roman Kopylov
- Dan Ige vs. Damon Jackson
- Umar Nurmagomedov vs. Raoni Barcelos
- Abdul Razak Alhassan vs. Claudio Ribeiro
- Javid Basharat vs. Mateus Mendonça
- Priscila Cachoeira vs. Sijara Eubanks