Contender Series winner Ismael Bonfim has accepted a tough challenge for his UFC debut: Terrance McKinney.
McKinney (13-4) will face Brazil’s Bonfim in a lightweight bout at UFC 283 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil this January. News of the match-up was first reported by none other than McKinney himself on Monday morning.
With a 3-1 record inside the UFC thus far, McKinney has had a hot start to his UFC career. His lone loss inside the octagon came on short notice to Drew Dober in an absolutely wild fight at UFC Vegas 50 back in March. Very quickly, the 28-year old has become appointment television whenever he is competing.
Bonfim (18-3) was among one of the hottest lightweight prospects outside the promotion, prior to being scooped up (alongside his brother) during this year’s edition of Dana White’s Contender Series. The Brazilian has won 12 straight fights, though McKinney will likely be his toughest challenge yet.
UFC 283 takes place at the Jeunesse Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on January 21, 2023. The following match-ups have been reported for the event:
- Deiveson Figueiredo (c) vs. Brandon Moreno (ic) – for the UFC flyweight championship / title unification bout
- Mounir Lazzez vs. Gabriel Bonfim
- Josiane Nunes vs. Zarah Fairn Dos Santos
- Gregory Rodrigues vs. Brad Tavares
- Maurício Rua vs. Ihor Potieria
- Paul Craig vs. Johnny Walker
- Jéssica Andrade vs. Lauren Murphy
- Terrance McKinney vs. Ismael Bonfim