December’s UFC 282 has a big title fight rematch lined up for it.
Jiri Prochazka will face Glover Teixeira at the PPV event, in a fight that has been anticipated for months now. News of the booking was first reported by John Morgan of The Underground. Both fighters later confirmed the match-up via social media.
The potential of a rematch between light heavyweight champ Prochazka and Texieira has been talked about ever since their first meeting earlier this year. The pair met at UFC 275 in June, with Prochazka securing a fifth-round submission finish — with less than thirty seconds remaining in a fight that he had been losing.
A back-and-forth war, the bout saw Teixeira lose his title in his very first attempt at defending it. But the exciting nature of the Singapore-based affair drew calls for a sequel, with both Prochazka and Teixeira expressing a desire to run it back.
And so they will. Czech Republic’s Prochazka will enter the bout now on a 13-fight win streak, while Brazil’s Teixeira had a six-fight winning streak snapped in the pair’s first encounter.
UFC 282 will take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on December 10, 2022. The rest of the PPV event shapes up as follows:
- Jiri Prochazka (c) vs. Glover Teixeira — for the UFC light heavyweight championship
- Robbie Lawler vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
- Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Dalcha Lungiambula
- Billy Quarantillo vs. Alexander Hernandez
- T.J. Brown vs. Erik Silva
- Dricus du Plessis vs. Darren Till
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Chris Daukaus
- Chris Curtis vs. Joaquin Buckley
- Daniel da Silva vs. Vinicius Salvador
- Bo Nickal vs. Jamie Pickett
- Cameron Saaiman vs. Ronnie Lawrence
- Ovince Saint Preux vs. Alexander Gustafsson
- Jan Błachowicz vs. Magomed Ankalaev