An intriguing featherweight fight is being lined up to headline the final UFC event of October.
Calvin Kattar (23-6) vs. Arnold Allen (18-1) is in the works to top the Fight Night event on October 29, 2022. Multiple media outlets confirmed the news on Wednesday, following an initial report by ESPN, the UFC’s official broadcast partner.
Allen was last seen in action at UFC London in March, notching the biggest win of his career against fan favorite Dan “The Hangman” Hooker. Allen remains undefeated through nine fights inside the octagon, and is on an eleven-fight win streak overall.
Ranked #6 in the UFC’s official 145lb rankings, Allen will take on the #5-ranked Kattar, who is entering off a controversial split decision loss to Josh Emmett back in June. Prior to that, Kattar had won a dominant victory over Georgian Giga Chikadze in January.
Kattar has won Fight of the Night bonuses in his last three fights.
The UFC’s October 29 Fight Night card is expected to be housed at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. The following bouts are expected to join Calvin Kattar vs. Arnold Allen at the event:
- Calvin Kattar vs. Arnold Allen
- Edson Barboza vs. Ilia Topuria
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Marcos Rogério de Lima
- Dustin Jacoby vs. Khalil Rountree Jr.
- Steve Garcia vs. Chase Hooper
- Jun Yong Park vs. Joseph Holmes
- Jared Vanderaa vs. Waldo Cortes-Acosta
- Kleydson Rodrigues vs. Vinícius Salvador
- Roman Dolidze vs. Phil Hawes
- Christian Rodriguez vs. Garrett Armfield
- Max Griffin vs. Tim Means
- Mark Madsen vs. Drakkar Klose