A pair of hard-hitting light heavyweights will face off as part of the UFC’s June 25 Fight Night event.
The bout will see Tafon Nchukwi (6-2) throw down with Carlos Ulberg (4-1), in a match-up first reported by MMA Junkie. Cageside Press subsequently confirming the booking on Wednesday.
A veteran of Dana White’s Contender Series who won on the show in 2020, Nchukwi has split his first four fights in the UFC proper. He’s picked up decision wins over Jamie Pickett and Mike Rodriguez, while dropping bouts to Azamat Murzakanov and Jun Yong Park. The Murzakanov fight, his most recent, saw Nchukwi finished with a flying knee.
City Kickboxing’s Ulberg, a teammate of middleweight champ Israel Adesanya, is also a product of the 2020 Contender Series season. He’s 1-1 in the UFC to date, earning a decision win over Fabio Cherant at UFC 271 back in February.
The UFC’s June 25, 2022 card does not have a location, venue, or broadcast plan officially announced, but is likely to unfold at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The following bouts have been reported for the event:
- Jinh Yu Frey vs. Vanessa Demopoulos
- Tim Elliott vs. Amir Albazi
- Josh Parisian vs. Alan Baudot
- Rodolfo Vieira vs. Chris Curtis
- Neil Magny vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov
- Tyson Nam vs. Tagir Ulanbekov
- Raulian Paiva vs. Sergey Morozov
- Arman Tsarukyan vs. Mateusz Gamrot
- Umar Nurmagomedov vs. Nate Maness
- Carlos Ulberg vs. Tafon Nchukwi