A pair of UFC bantamweights will collide in June.
MMA journalist James Lynch was the first to report the news that Umar Nurmagomedov and Nate Maness will fight on June 25. Cageside Press was able to confirm the bantamweight fight.
Nurmagomedov (14-0) has been perfect in his two UFC fights so far, finishing both of his opponents. In his UFC debut, he submitted Sergey Morozov on ‘Fight Island,’ and then earlier this year; he submitted Brian Kelleher in less than a round at UFC 272.
Maness (14-1) has been perfect in the UFC like his opponent. In his rookie year, he defeated Johnny Munoz Jr. and Luke Sanders. In his only fight of 2021, he knocked out Tony Gravely in a Comeback of the Year performance. Maness told Cageside Press that he suffered a broken jaw in the first round of his Gravely fight.
The UFC’s June 25, 2022 event does not have an official location, venue, or broadcast plan announced. However, the event is rumored to take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
The card currently looks like this:
- Jinh Yu Frey vs. Vanessa Demopoulos
- Tim Elliott vs. Amir Albazi
- Josh Parisian vs. Alan Baudot
- Chris Curtis vs. Rodolfo Vieira
- Neil Magny vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov
- Tyson Nam vs. Tagir Ulanbekov
- Raulian Paiva vs. Sergey Morozov
- Arman Tsarukyan vs. Mateusz Gamrot
- Umar Nurmagomedov vs. Nate Maness