A featherweight throwdown has been added to the UFC’s July 9, 2022 Fight Night show.
145’ers David Onama (9-1) and Austin Lingo (9-1) are expected to face off at the event. Iridium Sports Agency, representing Onama, was first to report news of the pairing. Lingo later confirmed the match-up on social media.
Both fighters have found some success early in their UFC careers. Onama will enter the fight off his first win in the promotion, after securing a standing TKO against Gabriel Benitez earlier this year.
Onama stumbled out of the gate in his UFC run, losing a unanimous decision to Mason Jones, but had won eight straight prior to signing with the company.
Lingo, fighting out of Dallas, Texas, has won two straight inside the octagon — but has not competed since last year. After losing his promotional debut to Youssef Zalal, he’s notched wins against Jacob Kilburn and Luis Saldana.
The UFC’s July 9, 2022 Fight Night card does not yet have a venue, location, or broadcast plan officially announced. The show is set to be headlined by lightweights Rafael dos Anjos and Rafael Fiziev, and currently consists of the following reported match-ups:
- Ronnie Lawrence vs. Saidyokub Kakhramonov
- Nina Nunes vs. Cynthia Calvillo
- Antonina Shevchenko vs. Cortney Casey
- Josh Fremd vs. Tresean Gore
- Said Nurmagomedov vs. Douglas Silva de Andrade
- Jamie Pickett vs. Abdul Razak Alhassan
- Caio Borralho vs. Armen Petrosyan
- Rani Yahya vs. Cody Garbrandt
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Rafael Fiziev
- Maryna Moroz vs. Sijara Eubanks
- David Onama vs. Austin Lingo