In July, a pair of UFC middleweights will be looking to get back in the win column.
MMA Junkie was first to report the news that Abdul Razak Alhassan will fight Jamie Pickett on July 9 at a yet-to-be-announced UFC event. Pickett would confirm the news on social media.
Alhassan (11-5) is coming off a split decision loss to Joaquin Buckey at UFC Fight Night: Walker vs. Hill. Prior to his most recent loss, “Judo Thunder” snapped his three-fight losing streak when he knocked out Alessio Di Chirico in 17 seconds with a brutal head kick. Alhassan was awarded a Performance of the Night. Alhassan holds a 100% finish rate, with all of his wins coming in the first round.
Pickett (13-7) had his two-fight winning streak snapped on the same card as his upcoming opponent. Kyle Daukaus submitted him in the first round. Prior to his most recent loss, he spoiled Joseph Holmes’ UFC debut and handed Laureano Staropoli his walking papers.
The UFC’s July 9, 2022 event does not yet have a venue, location, or broadcast plan announced. So far, the reported fights are:
- Ronnie Lawrence vs. Saidyokub Kakhramonov
- Nina Nunes vs. Cynthia Calvillo
- Antonina Shevchenko vs. Cortney Casey
- Josh Fremd vs. Tresean Gore
- Said Nurmagomedov vs. Douglas Silva de Andrade
- Abdul Razak Alhassan vs. Jamie Pickett
- Caio Borralho vs. Armen Petrosyan