Surging bantamweight Adrian Yanez is set to return to the UFC octagon this June.
Yanez (15-3), a bonus-winning machine so far in his young UFC career, will face Tony Kelley (8-2) at the UFC’s June 18, 2022 Fight Night event in Austin, Texas. Iridium Sports Agency, who represent Yanez, was first to announce the news. Yanez also confirmed the match-up on social media.
A Dana White’s Contender Series winner in 2020, Yanez has won his first four UFC bouts, capturing a post-fight bonus in every one of them: three Performance of the Night bonuses, and one Fight of the Night. Overall, Yanez has won eight straight fights, and has shown no sign of slowing down.
Kelley also joined the UFC in 2020, and has posted a 2-1 record thus far. He’s coming into the fight with Yanez off back-to-back wins over Ali AlQaisi and common opponent Randy Costa, who Yanez also faced last year.
June 18’s UFC Austin card is expected to be headlined by featherweight action, as Calvin Kattar faces Josh Emmett. The following bouts have been reported to date:
- Calvin Kattar vs. Josh Emmett
- Court McGee vs. Jeremiah Wells
- Joaquin Buckley vs. Albert Duraev
- Kevin Holland vs. Tim Means
- Jasmine Jasudavicius vs. Natália Silva
- Damir Ismagulov vs. Guram Kutateladze
- Maria Oliveira vs. Gloria de Paula
- Eddie Wineland vs. Cody Stamann
- Roman Dolidze vs. Kyle Daukaus
- Phil Hawes vs. Deron Winn
- Julian Marquez vs. Gregory Rodrigues
- JP Buys vs. Cody Durden
- Donald Cerrone vs. Joe Lauzon
- Adrian Yanez vs. Tony Kelley