With the UFC’s return to Austin, Texas official, for June 18, and a headlining fight is now attached. The UFC Austin main event will feature heavy-hitting featherweights as Calvin Kattar takes on Josh Emmett.
News of the match-up was first reported by All Access MMA. The booking was made official on Saturday’s UFC Vegas 53 broadcast.
The UFC has made Texas one of it’s go-to states to hold events in, as the state was one of the first to loosen COVID-19 restrictions.
Kattar (23-5) is coming off a decision win over Giga Chikadze in January. “The Boston Finisher” holds wins over Dan Ige, Jeremy Stephens and Ricardo Lamas to name a few.
Emmett (17-2) is on a 4-fight win streak last taking a decision over Ige at UFC 269.
UFC Austin is expected to take place at the Moody Center in Austin, Texas on June 18, 2022. Bouts on the upcoming Fight Night card currently include:
- Calvin Kattar vs. Josh Emmett
- Kevin Holland vs. Tim Means
- Cody Stamman vs. Eddie Wineland
- Damir Ismagulov vs. Guram Kutateladze
- Julian Marquez vs. Gregory Rodriguez
- Kyle Daukus vs. Roman Dolidze
- Phil Hawes vs. Deron Winn
- Jeremiah Wells vs. Court McGee
- Jasmine Jasudavicius vs. Natalia Cristina da Silva
- Gloria de Paula vs. Maria Oliveira