A pair of hard-hitting UFC light heavyweights will collide in June.
Multiple sources, speaking on the condition of anonymity, have confirmed to Cageside Press that Alonzo Menifield will fight Nicolae Negumereanu on June 4 at UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs. Rozenstruik.
Menifield (11-3) will make his first appearance in 2022 when he enters the octagon in June. He had a two-fight win streak snapped when he lost a very close unanimous decision to William Knight in his last outing. Prior to that, he defeated UFC veteran Ed Herman at UFC 265 and choked out Fabio Cherant. Menifield will join Fortis MMA teammate Damon Jackson on the June 4 card.
Negumereanu (12-1) has been on a roll since losing his UFC debut, winning three straight. He defeated both Aleksa Camur and Ike Villanueva in 2021. In his most recent outing, Negumereanu defeated Menifield’s teammate Kennedy Nzechukwu via a very close split decision.
The UFC’s June 4, 2022 event does not yet have an official location, venue, or broadcast plan announced. The card currently looks like this:
- Alexander Volkov vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Dan Ige vs. Movsar Evloev
- Erin Blanchfield vs. JJ Aldrich
- Zhalgas Zhumagulov vs. Jeff Molina
- Joaquin Buckley vs. Abusupiyan Magomedov
- Poliana Botelho vs. Karine Silva
- Zarrukh Adashev vs. Ode Osbourne
- Andreas Michailidis vs. Rinat Fakhretdinov
- Damon Jackson vs. Darrick Minner
- Alex da Silva Coelho vs. Joe Solecki
- Michael Trizano vs. Lucas Almeida
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Nicolae Negumereanu