A tantalizing welterweight match-up has been announced for May’s UFC 274.
Multiple sources have confirmed to Cageside Press that Khaos Williams and Randy Brown are set for the event, which will take place on May 7, 2022 at the Footprint Center in Phoenix, AZ. During Saturday night’s UFC 272 broadcast, the promotion announced the match-up, one of several fights confirmed for the event.
UFC 274 is set to be headlined by a lightweight title fight featuring champ Charles Oliveira defending his belt against former interim champ Justin Gaethje.
Brown (14-4) is currently on a two-fight win streak, having submitted Alex Oliveira last year, following which he went to a decision against Jared Gooden. Brown joined the UFC in 2016, and has posted an 8-4 record to date. The 31-year old Springfield, MA native has six knockouts and five submissions among his fourteen wins.
Williams (13-2) has also won two straight, most recently finishing Miguel Baeza by TKO back in November. He’s 4-1 overall in the promotion to date.
Thus far, UFC 274 has the following bouts attached:
- Charles Oliveira (c) vs. Justin Gaethje – for the UFC lightweight championship
- Macy Chiasson vs. Norma Dumont
- Ariane Carnelossi vs. Lupita Godinez
- Blagoy Ivanov vs. Marcos Rogério de Lima
- C.J. Vergara vs. Kleydson Rodrigues
- Joe Lauzon vs. Donald Cerrone
- Journey Newson vs. Fernie Garcia
- Brandon Royval vs. Matt Schnell
- Shogun Rua vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Michael Johnson vs. Alan Patrick
- Michelle Waterson vs. Amanda Ribas
- Francisco Trinaldo vs. Danny Roberts
- Khaos Williams vs. Randy Brown