Itsuki Hirata, the undefeated Japanese prospect who was forced out of last year’s atomweight grand prix, is set to return at ONE X later this month.
ONE Championship officials announced Wednesday that Hirata (5-0) would face Jihin Radzuan (7-2) at the event on March 26. ONE X serves as the company’s tenth anniversary show, though it was pushed back from its original date in December due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Hirata last competed against Alyse Anderson in the opening round of ONE’s atomweight grand prix, going the distance and winning a unanimous decision. The 22-year old’s other four professional wins have come inside the distance.
An injury would later force Hirata out of the tournament, which was eventually won by Stamp Fairtex.
Radzuan, a.k.a. “Shadowcat,” will enter the fight off a win over another Japanese star in Mei Yamaguchi. Prior to that decision victory, Radzuan had gotten the better of Bi Nguyen. Since joining ONE Championship in 2018, the Malaysian fighter has posted a 6-2 record overall.
ONE X is set to take place at the Singapore Indoor Arena in Kallang, Singapore on March 26, 2022. The event is headlined by atomweight champ Angela Lee defending her title against Stamp Fairtex. In the co-main event, Adriano Moraes will put his flyweight title on the line against Yuya Wakamatsu.
The current ONE X card shapes up as follows:
- Angela Lee (c) vs. Stamp Fairtex – for the ONE women’s atomweight championship
- Adriano Moraes (c) vs. Yuya Wakamatsu – for the ONE flyweight championship
- Rodtang vs. Demetrious Johnson – special rules bout
- Nong-O (c) vs. Alaverdi Ramazanov – for the ONE bantamweight Muay Thai championship
- Capitan (c) vs. Hiroki Akimoto – for the ONE bantamweight kickboxing championship
- Chingiz Allazov vs. Sitthichai – featherweight kickboxing grand prix final
- Seo Hee Ham vs. Denice Zamboanga
- Nieky Holzken vs. Islam Murtazaev – kickboxing
- Jeremy Miado vs. Lito Adiwang
- Amir Khan vs. Ryogo Takahashi
- Itsuki Hirata vs. Jihin Radzuan