After both Wu Yanan and Jennifer Gonzalez dropped out of the fight (and the latter was apparently released by the promotion without ever having fought in the octagon), Josiane Nunes has yet another opponent for UFC Vegas 49.
On Friday, UFC officials announced that Invicta FC vet Ramona Pascual (6-2), fighting out of Hong Kong, would face Nunes at the Fight Night event. The card takes place Saturday, February 26, 2022 at the Apex in Las Vegas.
The bout will be contested at bantamweight, where Pascual will return for the first time since 2019.
Pascual joins the Ultimate Fighting Championship after winning her lone fight in Invicta FC earlier this year. That bout saw her stop Shamir Peshewa with knees to the body a minute into the opening round. Following the victory, Pascual revealed that peer pressure, primarily the stigma about fighting not being appropriate for girls, saw her delay starting her MMA career until she was 27.
Now 33, she’s arrived at the highest level of the sport having won her last four fights.
Nunes (8-1) has won seven straight, with her only loss coming against current UFC star Taila Santos, prior to either fighter joining the UFC. Nunes won her promotional debut last year, finishing Bea Malecki within a round.
UFC Vegas 49 is currently set to feature the following bouts, announced Friday:
- Islam Makhachev vs. Bobby Green
- Misha Cirkunov vs. Wellington Turman
- Ji Yeon Kim vs. Priscila Cachoeira
- Arman Tsarukyan vs. Joel Alvarez
- Armen Petrosyan vs. Gregory Rodrigues
- Rong Zhu vs. Ignacio Bahamondes
- Terrance McKinney vs. Fares Ziam
- Jinh Yu Frey vs. Hannah Goldy
- Alejandro Perez vs. Jonathan Martinez
- Ramiz Brahimaj vs. Michael Gillmore
- Victor Altamirano vs. Carlos Hernandez
- Josiane Nunes vs. Ramona Pascual