“Slava Claus” wants to get right back to work.
MMA Junkie was first to report the news that Viacheslav Borshchev will fight Marc Diakiese on March 26 at UFC Columbus. A source close to the situation would later confirm the lightweight booking to Cageside Press.
Borshchev (6-1) was successful in his UFC debut earlier this month. At UFC Vegas 46, he stopped Dakota Bush in the first round with a liver shot and received a Performance of the Night bonus for his efforts. Prior to that, he knocked out Chris Duncan on season five of Dana White’s Contender Series.
Diakiese (14-5) has hit a bit of a rough spot losing his last two fights. He lost a unanimous decision to Rafael Fiziev in 2020, and then in his only fight of 2021, he was submitted in the first round by Rafael Alves. “Bonecrusher” will look to bounce back in front of a sold-out crowd.
UFC Columbus recently lost its planned main event of Jan Blachowicz vs. Aleksandar Rakic. As it stands, the Fight Night event currently looks like this:
- Askar Askarov vs. Kai Kara-France
- Matt Brown vs. Bryan Barberena
- Michelle Waterson vs. Amanda Ribas
- Nate Landwehr vs. Lerone Murphy
- Joanne Wood vs. Alexa Grasso
- Tucker Lutz vs. Seung Woo Choi
- Sara McMann vs. Karol Rosa
- Montel Jackson vs. Danaa Batgerel
- Matheus Nicolau vs. David Dvořák
- Aliskhab Khizriev vs. Abusupiyan Magomedov
- Max Griffin vs. Neil Magny
- Bruno Souza vs. Luis Saldana
- Marc Diakiese vs. Viacheslav Borshchev